"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, August 16, 2010

Numb3rs

In packing for the long trek to Kazakhstan, I have compiled a briefly itemized list of some things included in the process:

Pairs of long underwear - 4
Movies downloaded to my hard drive - 61
Gifts for my host families - 12
Copies of my passport hidden amongst my belongings - 3
Books - 5
Books in English - 4
Music in gigabytes - 21.6
Pictures of those I'm most fond of - 63
Amount of flu I'm vaccinated against - H1N1
Hours remaining stateside - 11
Times I unpacked everything and repacked it all - 4.5 (the last time I only repacked one of my bags, hence the 0.5)
Rum and cokes we will partake of this evening - many

1 comment:

  1. Holy shit 61 is a LOT of movies.

    I can't wait to read about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete