"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Moment You've All Been Waiting For!

You've stuck with me a long time, dear reader. Through times of plentiful updates and dry spells, etc. Because you've been so patient and wonderful, I feel like you really deserve this. Ready? Are you sure?

Alright, here they are!! The first pictures I've been able to post since I got to Kazakhstan. For some unknown and possibly magical reason blogspot is not blocked today, so I can finally post directly to my blog, rather than posting through emails. [Before I continue I'd like to give a brief shout out to the Kazakh gods that unblocked this website...]

Here goes:



These are some adorable small children on the first day of school on September 1. All the girls wear ridiculously large white hair bows, and the boys wear sashes. It's absurdly cute.



This is my counterpart Nastya and I at the end of Counterpart Conference. Yes she does have an asymmetrical haircut. Apparently it's highly fashionable.



This is me with my host family on my last night in my training village. Left to right: Aunt whose name I can't remember, Me (in a scarf my host mom gave me as a going away gift), Karlaghash (my host mom), Dianna (my host sister). Camilla (host cousin) is in the white, and Amir (host baby) is in the front. They were wonderful people, and I'm already planning on going back to visit them.



This is my language group from Pre-Service Training at Swearing In. From left to right: Caitlin, Robin, Me, Zhenya (our language instructor), Jordan, Michelle.



This is me and the office gang on my first day of work at MISK. It was not nearly as exciting as it looked, but they made me a cute welcome sign and wrote a poem for me.

More to come in the future. I have holiday photos to upload and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment