"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Old News

In my meanderings around the interwebz I came across local news coverage of our swearing in ceremony when we became official Peace Corps Volunteers on November 6. The report is in Kazakh, which I unfortunately don't speak, but it's sort of amusing to watch. I have no idea what's being said, but my friend Cynthia is shown playing the dombra (the national instrument of K-stan) and I make a brief appearance with my training group singing a Russian pop song (I'm in the back on the left in black and not terribly visible). Enjoy!

Kaz-22 Swearing In Ceremony in Technicolor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment