"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, December 20, 2010

Visa Success!

A brief update:

After 8 trips to the police station in the last two weeks, and more than few attempts by the police to make me pay for a visa that by law should be free to Peace Corps Volunteers, I finally got a visa!!! The migration police agreed to put a one month visa in my personal passport (the passport that was stolen was my Peace Corps Passport, so I still have a personal passport, but it has no proof that I entered the country legally)!!!! It's a short-term visa, but at least I can breathe freely for a month while Peace Corps gets me a new work passport.

No comments:

Post a Comment